Mother’s Day is just around the corner! Have you started thinking about gifts yet (or dropping hints on what you would like from your kiddos)? Although I imagine all a mom really wants on her special day is to spend time with you, I also don’t think she would mind having something to unwrap either. Everyone loves a new toy, amiright? Whether you’re on mimosa duty or making her breakfast, here are a couple of gift ideas for your mama:
- Cameron Diaz just came out with a book about aging called The Longevity Book: The Science of Aging, the Biology of Strength, and the Privilege of Time. Your mom will thank you for keeping her hip and educated, as well as find support on aging, menopause, and what it means to different women.
- Gwyneth Paltrow has a few cookbooks out, but she just came out with a new one called It’s All Easy. It highlights simple, healthy recipes to give your mom some revived foodspiration.
My mom is such a creature of habit. She has been using the same makeup and body products for as long as I can remember. I think moms would like well made products with clean ingredients.
- I always look to Kimberly Snyder for ideas on clean makeup and body products. Some ideas are Sally B’s B Glossy Lip Gloss ($18) made with 98% organic ingredients, or Vapour Beauty products such as this multi use blush ($36) for cheeks, lips, or eyes.
- Or how about Honest Beauty samplers or products?
- I got my mom some locally flavored salts and rubs from my last trip to Hawaii.
- The Pioneer Woman has some cute products, and if your mom is anything like mine then she can use something more exciting than earth tones. It is spring after all!
I have bought my mom tea as a gift on multiple occasions. Whether it is a fancy sampler pack from Argo, or a boutique find from a farmers market, a good tea is loved morning, night, mid day, late night, anytime! Last time I was in New York I picked up a bag of Femini-tea and Sereni-tea from Misstea in Brooklyn.
Again, something fun for the creature of habit. My mom has been wearing Victoria’s Secret Heavenly for about a gillion years, but she recently asked for Jennifer Aniston’s brand (which I don’t mind borrowing every now and then)!
The movie Mother’s Day is coming out just in time for you two to celebrate. Other ideas are you can take her out to lunch, get your nails done together, or go to a fitness class together. Like I mentioned, quality time is a mother’s favorite gift!
- I got my aunt some cashmere socks that she loves and make her feel like a million bucks.
- I know it’s not the season, but everyone love a cozy scarf!
- Last year my mom was recovering from surgery, so got her a new PJ set from Victoria’s Secret.
Get started on your shopping early and remember to have fun finding something that she will enjoy! What are your favorite Mother’s Day gift ideas?